Re: [LUG] Gmail SMTP failin

Grant Sewell wrote:

> Anyho, it would seem that all is now well and I can continue to use
> ClawsMail.  Yay!

Ah, was going to say the Debian claws-mail package is now working for me
(well a shadowy test account on this machine) with my Google account.

Discovered:

IMAP new message count is spurious column.

Debian build with OpenSSL not GNUTLS

Adding AUTH credentials for sending (which are identical to the account
credentials) doesn't work. Presumably some fundamental bug in Claws
handling of authentication data. But saying "AUTH" for sending, and
leaving the boxes blank is fine?! This was confusing.

Claws also crashed on me at one point.

Claws didn't accept the Google certs out of the box, so presumably isn't
using the list of trusted cert authorities in Debian.

And yes once the TLS session starts the network log shows an "AUTH PLAIN
LOGIN" offer from Googlemail.

I think I'll stick with Icedove which "just worked" here. Although Claws
did look vaguely promising, having seen three things that look like bugs
in my first experience of it suggests it isn't getting the exposure of
something like icedove/thunderbird.

 Simon