Re: [LUG] Corporate digital emails

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 11:24:25AM +0000, tom wrote:
> So they're trying to charge your for a free service?
> Surely you should just be able to give your public key to the sender
> and they encrypt and send it to you?

As above, apologies for poorly worded email

As far as users of the FOS are concerned it is free: I was overjoyed to
be able to communicate with a public service that allows FLOSS.

And yes all you need to do to communicate securely with the Financial
Ombudsman Service is to upload your public key (either Smime or GPG) to
their keyserver.

If FOS actually set up a system using free software and then released
the source code amoungst all Government departments then that would be
even better. I can but dream

--
Henry
Photocopies or faxes of my signature are not binding.