Re: [LUG] Ubuntu Multi Monitors

On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 14:11:59 +0000 (GMT)
Peter Lloyd-Jones wrote:

> Hi
>
> Back to my train set again!  (Well not mine, the clubs).  Currently I
> am using JMRI (see below for links) and Ubuntu to allow the
> Dispatcher (American, sort of Signal Box Operator) to control the
> Plymouth Clubs n gauge Layout.  The HO boys also use a Mac and JMRI.
>
> However the guys in a larger club I am a member of are investigating
> going down this road also.  However to do so we would need a number
> of monitors to, well monitor the trains).
>
> Starting from scratch will this be particularly difficult?
>
> Below is a link to the Plymouth HO club at the Plymouth Guild Hall
> ages ago.  Mike Ruby did the panel.  (International Fame at last).
>
> http://jmri.sourceforge.net/apps/PanelPro/Modules.shtml
>
> However we would need to show more than 4 panels, hence the need for
> more screens.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Peter L-J

Hi Peter,

As I understand it, X has no limit as to the number of display devices
one can have attached.  If your machine can accommodate multiple
PCI/PCI-E cards, each being able to drive multiple devices, then you
should be OK.

Certainly I've previously had no problems connecting up 2 or 3 display
devices.

Grant.