Re: [LUG] website @ center

hi and thanks Martin,
Have got my site central now on my 22" (Linux) and also test the site on a 15" windows but for some unknown reason have lost my adds on the windows system viewing with ms explorer or firefox but will look again later,, run out of time again !
bas.

Put your googleright and amazonright divs inside the body div, check widths you're setting to make sure they're correct and then add "position:relative; float:right;" styles to googleright and amazonright.

If you're developing the site using Firefox, be sure to get the "firebug" Add-on, it will help you in all sorts of ways, the main one being the ability to select a tag in the DOM (the tree-like model of your HTML code held in the browser's memory), and see the CSS, height, width and relationships to other tags. It's priceless.

These guys [http://www.w3schools.com/] have loads of easy to follow free tutorials on web development. Do the HTML, XHTML and CSS courses - you should be able to rattle them off in a day. You can then advance to the Javascript and AJAX courses and perhaps the SQL one if you end up connecting your site to a back end database

Regs
Martin