Re: [LUG] OT rockets!

Paul Sutton wrote:

Rob Beard wrote:
Paul Sutton wrote:

tom wrote:
With the mention of the the DCLUG meeting on the 7th that has to finish
before the fireworks I hope you don't mind me mentioning there's a North
Devon Rocket Club meet on 15th near Barnstaple:
http://www.northdevonrocketclub.co.uk/
Not really computing but sort a geeky...
Tom te tom te tom

Do they have any need for a program that can calculate what happens when
you use x amount of fuel, taking in to account rocket weight etc,  it
sounds the sort of program that a linux user would write to help them if
they were in to model rockets etc.

Of course it would run on linux and be free software :)

Paul
Not free as in freedom if it could only run on Linux ;-)

What about *BSD, MacOSX, Windows, OS/2, hey, even CPM/86.

Rob

Well what I was refering to was that it would be able to run on linux
not like a lot of programs that are windows only.

Paul
LOL I know. Just don't run it on a very early Pentium, just think what would happen if the rocket calculations required some floating point division. [1]

Yikes!

Rob

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentium_FDIV_bug