Re: [LUG] meeting reminder

Paul Sutton wrote:
Hi

Just to remind everyone that the next lug meet is on

Saturday 7th November 2009 - 3pm start.

I can't make it  due to OU tutorials, however I am sure there is quite a
bit to discuss

Ooh an agenda, we're starting to actually get some sort of organisation :-)

1. Follow up last meeting, installing open office on the shoreline computer
Good idea. I haven't heard anything. I left Phil my number and he hasn't called so I'm assuming he either hasn't used it or he's getting on okay with it. Guess the next step is to maybe talk to him about dual booting Windows with Ubuntu.
2. Phil (the owner) asked about mailing lists,  did anything come of
this, I think Gordon offered some advice
Not sure.
3. Big talk on writing press articles, etc,  Are any articles ready for
submission / Publication.

I haven't put anything together yet, been a little busy.
4. If anyone has any copies of Karmic Koala, on cd can they drop some
off at the venue please,  may as well ensure what is available is up to
date.   Should keep them going until we get some of the official cd's
through.

I can order some but I doubt they'd arrive in time (unless we're really lucky). I may be able to burn a few CDs off and label them.
5. Rob, any updates to the opendisc, you are / were working on,  if you
can drop some of those in that may be helpful.

Haven't had much time to do anything with it, when I get chance I'll go through and update it. It'll probably just be updated packages rather than anything new added to it.
I may have to change the date of the December meeting so it doesn't
clash with Rugby or OU tutorials (mainly the latter) but I will post
details of this here on the list AND TO THE WIKI meetings page.

Fair enough.

Rob