Re: [LUG] Acer Aspire One - Dead, but fixable ...

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Max Siegieda wrote:

no shizzle James, so long as those 255Ah lead acid 12v monstrosities exist
there will always be bigger batteries. Incidentally, would you mind letting
me know either what the charging voltage on that AAO or the battery voltage
is please? If it's anything convenient then I have a project for which it
would be perfect.

My AAO (and older Aspire 5050) uses a 19V charger. (The 5050 one can supply slightly more current)

Incidentally, back in my student days I worked in a dairy - driving electric milk floats, etc. Wish I had one of their batterys to play with. I've forgotten the capacity, but it was pretty huge - big enough to do an 8-hour run (stop/start) with 72 crates of milk on top... The only problem then is charging it...

Gordon