Re: [LUG] Grub2 / grub update

On Sun, 25 Oct 2009, Henry Bremridge wrote:

For some reason I updated my grub to grub2 and ran the command
"upgrade-from-grub-legacy". The problem was then I was asked to confirm
that I wanted (I think grub installed on /dev/hda1) and I just hit enter
rather than selecting /dev/hda1

Anyway I am currently back in my system using systemrescueCd for now

Question

1/ does anyone have an idea how to go back to grub from grub2? (From what
I have seen on Google, this appears to be unwise but ...)

2/ Does anyone have any idea how I can move forward. I have been looking
at http://grub.enbug.org/Grub2LiveCdInstallGuide and the clause that I do
not like is the following under Step 3
"Make sure you edit the /etc/default/grub file (only if you know what you
are doing!) "

apt-get install lilo

Gordon