Re: [LUG] google wave

Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:
On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 08:48:48AM +0100, Terry Hill wrote:
Just wondering if any of the google wave users have found anything magical
in it.
There seems to be a deafening silence about it on the net.
 Have they just gilded the lilly?
Perhaps they need to let a few more people in first.  I've just filled
out a request, but then I guess they probably have millions of
applications pending by now.  There's also a good chance they have a
pile of bugs to fix before letting it off the leache.

The most common complaint I’ve seen, actually, is that there aren’t
enough people using it. The limited number of users means most people
don’t actually know anybody else who uses it.

I understand the reasoning behind limiting the number of users at first,
but for a social-type system it seems counterproductive.

My main concern is the fact it doesn't seem to do anything new.
I wrote a desktop collaboration program for Win3.1.1 in ~1995 which did half of what this says it does and there were several web collaboration programs around seven or eight years ago. OK not quite what this claims to be, but near enough to wonder where they went. It all looks to me like an attempt to implement anarchy. A room with lots of people using larger fonts and louder soundclips...I've tried to watch googles vid but it crashes flash long before any info is delivered.
Tom te tom te tom