Re: [LUG] Does anyone know where I can buy a nuclear bunker?

Steph Foster wrote:
Rob Beard wrote:
This is why...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/10/16/darpa_microsoft_reinvent_internet/

:-o

We're all doomed!

Rob

I thought IPv6 was about enlarginging the address space.

A lot of the protocols in the TCP suite could do with updating to minimise the misuses by crackers.

After all TCP/IP was never designed for Joe Public use so I guess they never bothered to look at the security aspects

What you must remember is that software is a massive space. MS sold the lie that computing was easy and any young turk with a bit of coding experience can reach high places. With current management techniques - where managers know absolutely jack about what they're trying to manage - is quite possible to sell old ideas to people as new and wrangle huge amounts of cash to develop the already superseded. Anyone with the breadth of experience to point this out has long been sidelined or promoted to a point of incompetence.
Tom te tom te tom