Re: [LUG] unix is 40 years old this year

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 08:33:26AM +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
> Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >
> > I claim boring old guy!!! (Although I've just shaved off the grey beard
> > I was sporting at the last meet!)
>
> Not used Unix that early, but I have used Multics in anger - shudder.
>
> Multics is now Open Source (and Free software from a quick glance at the
> terms) for those who are interested.

There’s also http://simh.trailing-edge.com/ --- a pdp-11 emulator, that
links to images of Unix v5-7. If I remember correctly, they have user
accounts `ken' and `dmr'...

--
Benjamin M. A’Lee || mail: bma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://bma.subvert.org.uk/ || gpg: 0x166891C7