[LUG] Importing - was Re: Touch Book

Paul Sutton wrote:

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 16:47:46 +0100
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello tom,

I haven't got a problem with paying duty - it still works out a lot
lot cheaper than paying UK prices!
Depends what you're buying and also the £8.00 admin charge can be
more than the value of the goods.   :-(
But the break even point is not very high (probably £50 or so) so motherboards and CPU's (assuming they don't send them in packaging that's twice the size of the case they're going to be in) and a lot of other stuff comes in soon above that.
 It'd just be nice to be able to fill in the forms for them to attach
If the supplier won't(1) do it, I reckon they simply don't want your
business.

(1)  I do mean won't, as the form is really quite simple.  See
http://webapps.usps.com/customsforms/#

From what I could gather from customer 'service' they had no experience and were under the impression its quite complicated. One job I had they had one man in the IT dept dealing with automating all the stuff and according to him it was 'very complicated' If it isn't then we should get the info together and publish it in an easily usable way. If we do this then people over here will have to reduce their prices in the long run so its a win win thing.

Tom te tom te tom