Re: [LUG] Touch Book

Brad Rogers wrote:
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 14:31:51 +0100
tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello tom,

sell 50 of them at least if they do what I think they can do but the company doesnt know how to get the docs together....

Selling stuff overseas is easy.  It simply requires a Customs
declaration form, which details the contents/value of the goods in the
package.  It's up to Customs at the *receiving* country as to whether or
not Excise duty and VAT are worth collecting.

Banding stuff together is more likely to attract the charges than if
individuals buy from the 'States in drib'n'drabs.  I often buy stuff
from overseas and rarely do I have to pay duty.  It almost always
happens because the supplier has sent out large numbers of packages, to
different individuals in the UK, in one batch.  This makes C&E think
that someone's trying to deliberately avoid the duty.
I haven't got a problem with paying duty - it still works out a lot lot cheaper than paying UK prices! It'd just be nice to be able to fill in the forms for them to attach and then get it couriered. Its knowing what's required...

I'd say the company you're dealing with in USAland can't be arsed.
duelling banjos on their hold music!
Tom te tom te tom