Re: [LUG] Upgrading Missus' Hard drive

Henry Bremridge wrote:
Running ubuntu, she has an Hitachi IDE ATA hard-drive (160GB) and needs
some more space..
I'd be intrigued to know what takes all that space, I use about 140 GByte here on 6 or 7 machines. 10G is just operating systems and another 10 is backups of 'real data' and 10 trash and the rest out of focus photos and videos. When I last worked in IT most of the backup was just the outlook/sqlserver and a doc store and that never got near 100Gig. Oh and about 1 gig for 300,000 products and 30,000 customers and their complete sales history!
Remember Parkinsons Law - it works on disks too!
Tom te tom te tom