Re: [LUG] Mint 6 and Mobile Broadband

There no escape from XP sadly, its only sold with XP installed, I simply accapt that has a fact of life and just get rid of XP.

--- On Wed, 30/9/09, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] Mint 6 and Mobile Broadband
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, 30 September, 2009, 12:15 AM

L Smith wrote:
> Hi
>
> I purchased a Samsung NC10 Netbook on Saturday, first act was to remove XP and install Mint 6. I then decided to try a 3G Mobile Broadband Dongle previously used on XP, expecting some problems, amazed that Mint recognised it and installed it and within a couple of minutes I was able to log on to the internet.
>
> Of course you will all know this but here's me not knowing a thing and it all worked first time!
>
> Lena
>
> One word of warning (I have two Samsung NC10s) some are being sold at about £70 cheaper than others, these have a smaller battery and thus do not have the usual 6 hours plus running time that most reviews of the NC10 mention.

That's good to hear, great tip about the batteries too, I'd never have thought that there would be two of the same models just with different batteries, I'd have thought the high capacity batteries would be an optional extra, guess I was wrong :-)

Shame though you had to get one with XP on it.

Rob

-- The Mailing List for the Devon & Cornwall LUG