[LUG] Linux support

I recently bought an Asus motherboard M4A785TD-V, put it together with other
bits and installed PCLinuxOS.  All OK except no sound.  A swift Google found
that the sound chips (Intel) were problematic.  After a couple of days trying
this and that from the support groups I actually thought to look at the
support CD that came with the mobo.  And there were nice shiny linux drivers
for the audio.  Full instructions which were easy to follow to install them
in the kernel and up popped the sound.

Well done Asus.

On the other hand my other computer running Mepis (Debian) has been
complaining for the last month that I haven't got the correct version of
flash to run the BBC Iplayer and various other video content.  I don't know
what changed to cause it.  When I downloaded flash to cure problem it
wouldn't load on an AMD64 system and there is no 64 bit version for linux on
the flash site.  I eventually found a Mepis brew version of flash in Synaptic
that got everything working again.

Bad boy Flash.

BTW has anyone had problems running the ITV version of Iplayer? I get sound
but no picture.

George