Re: [LUG] Acer laptop

Neil Winchurst wrote:
I have been offered a second-hand Acer 5633 WLMi laptop at a very
reasonable price. I have thoughts of using it as a sort of test bed for
new versions of Kubuntu as they appear, and to play around with while
still keeping my desktop.

Does anyone on the list have any comments or recommendations about this
please? I have made no commitment to it, so I have time to decide what
to do.

Many thanks

Neil Winchurst
Well I can't comment on this particular model, but I have an Acer Aspire 2920 which works fine with Ubuntu and Kubuntu. I'd probably do a bit of reading up first though in case it has any exotic hardware.

Rob