Re: [LUG] Government response to petition 'nonMSschools'

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 12:47 +0100, Mark Hajdukiewicz wrote:

> I am toying with the idea of setting up a campaign called "protecting
> the unborn child from micro$oft". The plan being to remove their
> products from primary schools in 5 years, secondary schools in 11, and
> the workplace in 16.

Great - have we a fully costed and supported alternative? That always
seems to end up as the issue - instant support needs an infrastructure -
that means scale - then we end up with RM. Are there any other serious
contenders for the small primary schools, many of which were refurbished
over a few years ago - proudly - all the children's IT starts with RM's
version of MS Word? I know, I helped out at my daughter's first primary
school 8-9 years ago. Then her second had a conversion - all spanking
new MS based network. - shiny computers - everyone going - Ooh!

James

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk