Re: [LUG] Government response to petition 'nonMSschools'

Adrian Midgley wrote:
2009/9/28 Paul Hirst <paul.hirst@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:paul.hirst@xxxxxxxxxx>>

    On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 21:14 +0100, james kilty wrote:

    This implication is that if you go and find some old hardware,
    bring it
    into school (get it electrically tested :-) ) and then stick Linux on
    it, Microsoft deserves to get some money. Huh??

Looks like a bad contract.
No, I think you'll find that MS told the schools it was in their interests to agree to that, one way or another. I personally think vendor lock-ins should be illegal. It always amuses me that those that tell us free trade is the best thing for us avoid it at all costs!
Tom te tom te tom