Re: [LUG] OT - Small Wireless Access Points?

Grant Sewell wrote:
Thanks for the input.  Maybe I should clarify things a little.  We have
a networked device (comes with a 10Mbps Ethernet RJ45 interface) and
we're trying to piece together a "demo box" for it.  The device itself
is intended to be powered by a decent capacity rechargable battery.
What we want to do is make it so this device can be demonstrated with
the netbook that'll be taken around with it, but without having to mess
around plugging in cables, etc.  So, essentially you can visit a
potential customer, open up the box, turn on the device & view the info
from the netbook.  The device is in a box that has a fair degree of
unused space, so we were thinking of putting a low power, physically
small WAP in there.

Grant.

How about a D-Link Airplus G DWL-G730AP wireless router and access point. According to the data sheet [1] on D-Link's web site, it runs on 5V 1.2A and it's 80mm long, 60mm wide and 17mm high.

It's only £45 from Amazon.co.uk [2]. It might be available cheaply elsewhere, it's about $55 on the D-Link US site.

[1] *http://tinyurl.com/a4jx7
[2] **http://tinyurl.com/y9sqb6f*