Re: [LUG] Broad Band without the land line.

Rob Beard wrote:
tom wrote:
We only have a phone to get broadband - is there a way of getting just broadband so I can avoid this 50p per month BB tax so that others can get better than my 512k?
Tom te tom te tom
How's the 3G coverage in your area?
varies between 0% and zilch nada nothing.

Is your area covered by Virgin Media?
Nope

I'm guessing that since you're in the sticks then the answer will probably be, lousy 3G coverage and no Virgin Media in your area. I gather even providers like Opal (Talktalk) only provide broadband with a phone line.
I've got broadband with namesco, and a BT line so you can get BB without these poxy buy one get one for not quite as much deals but I guess someone else (BT in this case) is theoretically paying for line maintenance.

I was under the impression actually that part of this funding was to go towards paying for the USO so everyone can get at least 2MBit/sec via
so what are they going to do for me? Move the exchange or break the laws of physics?
various means. Of course, that could just be an excuse to milk an extra tax out of us. I must admit, if I didn't have to pay a tenner a month extra on my broadband if I didn't have a phone line I'd probably drop the line.
Ditto
Tom te tom te tom