Re: [LUG] iptables - multiple routes and load balancing?

Grant Sewell wrote:

What I'm thinking of, however, is the ability to direct traffic to
different routers.  So, rather than the load balancing device having 3+
interfaces on their own net/subnets, it would have 1 interface on the
same net/subnet as two different routers (ie all devices in
192.168.1.0/24) ie:
  Router 1 = 192.168.1.1/24
  Router 2 = 192.168.1.254/24
  eth0 = 192.168.1.2/24

Of course I could add 2 subinterfaces (eth0.1 and eth0.2) with
addresses in different nets/subnets and modify the routers to have
corresponding IP addresses, but that then essentially turns the proxy
machine into a router.

I don't see why it is a concern, you need a route to get to the network with the routers on, and then 3 default routes as per the example.

Just try it!

 Simon