[LUG] iptables - multiple routes and load balancing?

Hi all,

I'm guessing iptables is capable of loadbalancing over multiple routes,
but how would I go about having multiple "default" routes and balancing
over them?

Essentially, what it comes down to is this - we have a couple of
routers with separate Internet connections.  I would like for our Squid
proxy to be able to use both these Internet connections rather than
just one.  Currently the Squid proxy machine goes out via 192.168.1.1
only, I'd like it to be able to use both that and 192.168.1.253.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
Grant. :)