Re: [LUG] ADSL modem/router woes

Henry Bremridge wrote:

> I would also like to know of any modem/routers that people use if
> they want to use VoIP and have basic QoS.

Most routers will support QoS bits on the packets, and even prioritize
them to some extent. However IP QoS probably isn't going to do much on
the general Internet, a tragedy of commons - if setting a few bits
prioritized your packets over other people's everyone would do it! I
believed Microsoft joined that game early.

> Currently using WAG354G, which works well

Ditto, I did a firmware upgrade to get traceroute working, which is
essential for my work. This seemed a bit naff, but the device seems
stable enough before and after, had a bit of a panic after a lightening
storm which I think is how Henry ended up with my new router but after a
factory reset the apparently lightening struck device worked fine.

> ... but does not have enough controls (I wanted to stop
> the firewall functions to two computers)

Huh?