Re: [LUG] Veblen goods and Open Source software

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good
>
> In economics, Veblen goods are a theoretical group of commodities for
> which peoples' preference for buying them increases as a direct function
> of their price, instead of decreasing according to the law of demand.

It is okay Henry, Open Source (and free!) software has this one covered.

I will provide you with "Premium GNU/Linux", whilst backwardly
compatible with ordinary Debian GNU/Linux, this version is supplied and
installed on site by a well dressed consultant who arrives in a smart
sports car, and takes you out to a stylish Café for a Latte.

This will make you look cool to your friends, colleagues, and relatives.

Installation starts from a mere £1000 GBP plus expenses (which may
include car and suit hire, dental and hair styling expenses, if you have
to ask for a limit on the expense budget you can't afford Premium
GNU/Linux).