Re: [LUG] data center

Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Anyone want to fill in more?

I'm not aware of any big public data centre's closer than Bristol.

I believe Eclipse^W Kingston Communications have a centre in Bristol,
and there is a media group there with a small place (they seem
friendly). But I've not visited these, and no doubt there may be others.

Part of it I think is that even though most of the big players have
links into Exeter with the University, Met Office, and various other
companies. I don't think there is enough general demand, although it
probably makes sense for a lot of the organisations to centralise
servers. Maybe as broadband develops we'll see more of a market for
localish hosting.