Re: [LUG] Twitter DDoS

You raise many good points, but I'd like to add that those who are
arrested are individuals, not the complete groups they (may!) of
belonged to.
Anyway, http://blog.twitter.com/ says that they are almost all OK,
just a bit worse for wear. I really wish the people (person) behind
this would announce it, just to see where the "credit" goes.
This person(s) must really hate social networking.... :/

>Add in 46,000,000 twitter users hitting reload because it didn't load....
>> Thats why it took so long, the users of twitter were DDoSing the server by
>> accident! :P
It makes you think about the (in)security of web servers and such. Is
there any real protection from DDoSs other than unplugging your server
(or computer for that matter)?

Hope this isn't another of those BBC things...where they took a botnet
and stole people's information before telling them that they'd be
infected.

Sam.
(Yeah, I user brackets ( ( ) ) too much)