Re: [LUG] Twitter DDoS

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, Samuel Tarling wrote:

> Whats this got to do with Linux? Nothing. :P
>
> Twitter is just recovering from a DDoS attack that went on for (and
> still is going on) a couple of hours. http://status.twitter.com/
>
> Wonder what group is behind it...

Barstewards. Appears to have been quite widespread too hitting other sites
- facebook and livejournal (or maybe that was just a coincidence!)

One of my own servers was DDoSed to oblivion recently and it more or less
blocked others on that LAN at the same time as my routers struggled to
cope. Not a lot you can do when they're determined )-: Fortunately nothing
noticable for me on this one.

Gordon