Re: [LUG] Free BT iPlate thingy ..

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009, alex mclennan wrote:

Grant Sewell wrote:
From page 2, after entering the phone+postcode details:

BT Broadband Accelerator

BT Broadband Accelerator can improve your broadband connection by filtering out interference from your phone extension wiring. A one-off charge of £1.20 for postage will be applied to your BT bill. Available to BT Total Broadband customers only. Non BT Total Broadband customers will be contacted to place an order for BT Total Broadband.

So... only free if you already use BT Total Broadband then.

hi all, am i right in assuming that this smacks of restrictive practices,or have i got it wrong.alex the not so noob

This is BT retail giving them way to their own customers. Not BT wholesale giving them away to one of their resellers customers, (of which BT retails is just another reseller from their point of view - in theory) so from that point of view I don't think it's restrictive.

Although a shade misleading perhaps - as I didn't notice that in the first place.

Gordon