Re: [LUG] http://xkcd.com/

Simon Waters wrote:
> Michael Mortimore wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:06:31 +0100, tom <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> http://xkcd.com/ for today is spot on!
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>
>> Am I the only one that thinks flash should support smooth full screen
>> video with linux rather than linux supporting smooth full screen video
>> with flash?
>>
>> If mplayer and vlc and games can play full screen smoothly, then surely
>> it's a bug in flash player...

No its a bug in the proprietary development method. The whole point of
proprietary is to limit so it ends up being limited. If it aint FLOSS it
don't get fixed. See later

> We were speculating if Google have a plan for a flash player solution
> for Google Chrome OS, otherwise I suspect (like the iPhone) YouTube
> video will be provided in less awkward formats. I've already seen tools
> to extract the iPhone version for folks who prefer to avoid flash.

See Firefogg - its an ogg playing addon for Firefox. I believe Wikipedia
or coming on board and if Google do too..... Theres also the default
video playing in Firefox.
We're at very nearly at the tipping point where  video becomes fully
open. While this is not necessarily a good thing at least the user will
have some choice and onanist companies like Adobe wont be able to mess
us about so much.
Tom te tom te tom