Re: [LUG] 64 bit Linux.

JOHN DAVEY wrote

>     OK, Thanks Paul and Andy. I use Ubuntu but I'm still having
>     problems with the install. I posted this problem here before but
>     then solved it buy, ironicaly, installing it by using windows.
>     Like I said before I can boot into the live CD...well actually I
>     can't boot into anything other than the live part of the CD. Even
>     when I choose to install the system to myy harddrive I still get
>     booted into the live session and the install option on the desktop
>     there will then do an install that always drops me into a command
>     line session. Busybox I think someone identified it as.
>         Really sorry to have to ask the same thing again but why the
>     hell can't I install Ubuntu ? I will have a look at the dcglug
>     archives myself to review the answers I got on this the last time
>     I asked aswell.....
>     Jon.

It sounds like you may have some unsupported hardware.  How old is your
machine?  Which version of Ubuntu are you trying?

Maybe another option would be to try another distro, the latest issue of
Linux Format has Fedora (11 I think) on the disc.

Not sure if you're near Torbay but if your machine is a laptop then
maybe if you could bring it along to a LUG meet at the Shoreline in
Paignton on the seafront behind the Apollo Cinema (we're here at the
moment actually until about 5:30pm in case you're in Torquay or
Paignton), or otherwise we're here
 on the 1st Saturday of every month (next one after today is 5th
September 2009 from 3pm to 6pm).

Rob