Re: [LUG] waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Rob Beard wrote:
> tom wrote:
>
>> My isp (ITSOS in Barnstaple) has just informed me that they will no
>> longer be providing BB services and cutting me off at end of month!
>> Whos good round here?
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> Oh dear!
>
> You say the end of the month, do you mean the end of this month, as in
> today or the end of August?
>
> How much are you paying at the moment and for what?
>
> Do you know what exchange you're on too?
>
> (Go to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php enter your phone
> number and it'll let you know what providers if any other than BT
> Wholesale are on your line, you may well be able to get some sort of LLU
> service).
>
> I'd also say maybe in the short term looking at an Enta reseller (Gordon
> for instance) as Enta have 30 day contracts so you can migrate at least
> and it'll give you a bit of breathing space to look around for a long
> term ISP (that's assuming you're happy to go onto a 12/18 month contract).
>
> Whatever you do though make sure you get MAC code from the ISP.  Using a
> MAC code means that the broadband will be transferred over with little
> to know down time.
>
> Rob

I'm currently( till midnight presumably) on 512kADSL UNLIMITED for about
£15.
On the Bradworthy exchange - absolutely no LLU there. My usage is
generally less than 5G a month but can go astronomic.
I used to work for BT and would rather not have anything to do with them
- and why the hell should I pay (for 512k) the same as someone on 8Meg?
I've got the MAC code... and a ADSL router....
Tom te tom te tom