Re: [LUG] waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

tom wrote:
> My isp (ITSOS in Barnstaple) has just informed me that they will no
> longer be providing BB services and cutting me off at end of month!
> Whos good round here?
> Tom te tom te tom

Oh dear!

You say the end of the month, do you mean the end of this month, as in
today or the end of August?

How much are you paying at the moment and for what?

Do you know what exchange you're on too?

(Go to http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php enter your phone
number and it'll let you know what providers if any other than BT
Wholesale are on your line, you may well be able to get some sort of LLU
service).

I'd also say maybe in the short term looking at an Enta reseller (Gordon
for instance) as Enta have 30 day contracts so you can migrate at least
and it'll give you a bit of breathing space to look around for a long
term ISP (that's assuming you're happy to go onto a 12/18 month contract).

Whatever you do though make sure you get MAC code from the ISP.  Using a
MAC code means that the broadband will be transferred over with little
to know down time.

Rob