Re: [LUG] Looking at all photos

Rob Beard wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
>
>>> I was under the impression that F-Spot is built on Mono.  Could be
>>> wrong.
>>>
>>> But I certainly do think it's a useful program even though I don't
>>> use half the features on it.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>>

>> Could well be... isn't Mono normally built with GTK handling the
>> graphical side of things?
>>
>> Grant.
>>

> Not sure, I just seem to remember reading something about F-Spot and
> Tomboy being built with Mono and it being a bad thing (yes I've heard
> arguments from both sides).
> What I generally do is copy photos over the network to my wife's PC as
> my laptop has an SD card reader and her PC doesn't, saves messing about
> with cables as she tends to play around with them on Picasa.
>
> Rob

Mono uses GTK# which WAS a binding of GTK to the CIL but I think has
developed a bit further since I gave up (sob sob)  .NET programming as
I don't what MS trying to 'own' my work - see TomTom arguments for that
one.

Its quite simple to take tomboy and convert it to C++ using GTK - would
look the same and run slightly faster, but its not a program I have any
use for or desire to promulgate.
I'm playing with a web based thing that may automate thumbnail and
compression generation and will let you know if that bit gets developed
to a point where it would be good for this sort of thing - that way you
could just let you wife browse your pictures on a local website!
Dont expect it in the next day or two though
Tom te tom te tom