Re: [LUG] Looking at all photos

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 13:16:08 +0100
Neil Winchurst wrote:

> Grant Sewell wrote:
> >
> > The way you tackle this kinda depends on a number of things.
> > 1) Is the machine she uses the same one you use?  If not, what is it
> > running?
> Windows XP
>
> > 2) What does she want to do with the photos?  Look at them, email
> > them, print them?
> She just wants to look at them all as opposed to just the ones that I
> put on my photoblog. She says that she might prefer some of the ones
> that I don't put on the blog. I could then print them for her perhaps
> or email them to her or even add them to the blog.
>
> > 3) How technically minded is she?
>
> Not very.
>
> Neil

OK, thanks Neil.  I am going to presume that the two machines are in
the same network.

When you import your pictures using Digikam, do you organise them in
any way?  Do you create "folders" by category or by date, or do all the
pictures pulled from your camera get dumped into a single place?

If you do organise your pictures then I would recommend creating a
read-only share of the parent "folder" (ie the one with all the
sub-folders in it) and then either creating a shortcut on her desktop
to it, or mapping a drive letter to it, and then showing her how to go
about browsing the pictures.

Grant.