Re: [LUG] Linux at Specsavers

David Bell wrote:
> On Thursday 23 July 2009 15:54:57 Rob Beard wrote:
>

>> I went for an eye test today at Spec Savers.  I'd read that they were
>> moving over to RedHat Enterprise a while back in Linux Format and low
>> and behold, they do have it in their eye test rooms.
>>

> I came across this today at http://www.focalpointphotographic.co.uk/tmedia.htm
>
> "Price lists downloads available in three formats
> PDF - Acrobat format
> Open Office - .ods format
> free download Open Office - http://www.openoffice.org/
> Microsoft Office - .xls ( for those of you still living in the Dark Ages )"
>
> I could open the .xls files in OpenOffice but the .ods files came out in
> gobbledygook :(

You have to right click the file and select Save Link As... (at least in
Firefox).  Looks like it's due to mime types (the browser for some
reason thinks the .ods file is plain text and tries to display it rather
than save it).  If you right click and save the file it does open okay
in OpenOffice.

Rob