Re: [LUG] CE marking for PC building?

On Thu, 23 Jul 2009, Rob Beard wrote:

> I'd be interested to know what the outcome is.  I like the idea of
> self-certification.

Well in theory, you just write out a certificate of compliance with the
various "stuff" it needs to be compliant with and keep it for 10 years...
But if someone challenges it...

CE doesn't mean fit for purpose... It just means it complys with various
regulations for that type of equipment... So it won't electrocute you,
interfere with the telly, annoy the cat, etc...

Gordon