Re: [LUG] Micromart- Linux

2009/7/16 Paul Sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Yes but to a new user they are faced with a somewhat bewildering array
> of choices if they type in Linux distros on google and go to a site that
> lists them,  remember we are talking about people who just use computers
> not tech users, or know how to turn a computer on.

Why would a new user type "distros" into a search engine? It's not a
word that most non-Linux people use. Surely they will type either
"linux" or "ubuntu" into a search engine. This would (usually)
linux.org, wikipedia, linux.com, google news, Ubuntu and Debian.

> I think its one of the arguments,  too many distros,  so this needs to
> be addressed (see my website post), if we can update the website we can
> address this issue,  and have a section on what distro to use,  and why
> there are so many,

You're on dangerous ground :)

Cheers,
Al.