Re: [LUG] Symbols included in URLs...

--- On Mon, 13/7/09, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [LUG] Symbols included in URLs...
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 13 July, 2009, 10:34 PM

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, trewornan wrote:

>> From: Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: [LUG] Symbols included in URLs...
>> To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Monday, 13 July, 2009, 8:26 PM
>> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, JOHN DAVEY
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I was thinking about this the other day so I googled
>> it and aparently
>>> soon it will be possible to use (if it's not already)
>> symbols in web
>>> addresses. So no longer will one have to type 'linux'
>> you could simply
>>> drag the picture of a penguin into the browser and it
>> will take you to
>>> www.linux.com....I guess it'll work something like
>> that anyway.....
>>
>> Don't know about dragging images, but you know that in
>> firefox, you can
>> simply paste a URL (middle-click) into a web window and
>> it'll fetch it
>> immediately...
>>
> I've only got two mouse buttons on my touchpad :-(
You can push both at the same time to simulate a middle-button if the X
server is setup correctly.
How else do you cut & paste?
Gordon
It wasn't really that which was interesting to me. What this means is that I can use a symbol of possibly in future an image as the name of the record label I want to start. A bit like when Prince changed his name to a symbol. It kind of ligitamises symbols and also means I don't have to spend hours trying to think up an origional name....