Re: [LUG] DIY manufacture

It looks to me like the extruding nozzle is just too big to make delicate,
detailed objects.

Yes, it's never looked that good to me to be honest - but an interesting open source project all the same and I bet you'd learn tons by making one and it'd hone your cussing to the point where you could curdle milk at 300 yards.

I love the idea of 3D printing though, and think it'll be a great tool for prototyping, model making and perhaps even repairs depending on the materials used.  Looking forward to seeing the market mature.