Re: [LUG] DIY manufacture

Terry Hill writes:
> Reprap has been around for some time.  Have considered making my own then
> realised I'd need more skill that the two left feet I own are able to
> deliver.  I might get one going, after spending 4 years making one followed
> by 16 years getting the bugs out.  I reckon in 10 years you'll be able to
> buy 3D printers at a reasonable price off the shelf (comparable to 2D
> printing now), so it's pointless me making something waay out of date that
> when I finally work out the bugs was the technology around 20 years ago.
>
> 2009/7/8 M.Blackmore <mblackmore@xxxxxxxxx>
>> It will be outlawed under security principles so thats the end of that.
>> On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 10:04 +0100, george wrote:
>> > Go forth and multiply
>> > http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome

OK, so it will enable us all to manufacture our own goods and the guy drew a
paralel between the music industry where it's easier for anyone to now make
and distribute their own music. The thing is there are now millions of
really bed digital releases at low quality and it's very dificult to wade
through the chaff to find the good stuff.
    A lot of that stuff that the RepRap made looked decidedly dodgy to me.
The cup looked like it was squeezed out of a tube of PVA by a 5 year old :)
I like the idea od a machine that can build all of the parts for itself
though, that's genius!....