Re: [LUG] Playing with Evolution

Simon Robert wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 07:38 +0100, tom wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2009-06-25 at 22:18 +0100, kevin wrote:
>>
>>> Re reading you message
>>> I send & Rec on 5 accounts
>>> I have only one "InBox"
>>>
>>> Below the InBox are folders created for the Filters for all of the 5
>>> accounts.
>>> So the filtering works!
>>>
>> Have you tried sending a message (unknown subject) to..,
>> acc1,acc2,acc3,acc4,acc5
>>
>> so 5 messages are received - all with the same to: of
>> acc1,acc2,acc3,acc4,acc5 ?? They all end up in the first selected rules
>> mailbox which is not what is required. I could make up additional rules
>> but that soon gets out of hand - number of recipients factorial !!!
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>

> I'm probably misunderstood this. As I understand it you have 5 messages
> all sent to ac1, ac2, ac3, ac4, ac5. You then have 5 "mail boxes",
> folders, 1 for each of the recipients. However you want the message to
> be filtered to all of these folders. In effect message 1 ending up in
> each of the 5 folders.
>
> Is this a correct interpretation of what you want to do?
>
> You have received each of the 5 messages once. They arrive in Evolutions
> "real" inbox and you then want the filtering to pass each of the 5
> messages to 5 folders; message1 going to folder for ac1, ac2, ac3
> etc....
>
> Does this process work if the action "move to folder" is changed to
> "copy to folder"? I have probably missed the point altogether, in which
> case I'll admit to drunkenness to try and cover for actual stupidity.

I have 5 different mailboxes, and 5 identical messages received on 5
different accounts. I would like each account to be able to deliver to
its mailbox but there seems to be no way to associate the mailbox with
the account the message was received from - the filtering appears to be
all done on standard message headers and the messages are identical, so
whatever rules I apply they all end up in the first account resolved or
I get multiple copies.

As for you second message - I did check those possibilities but decided
that I'd have to give up on Evolution and am now wrestling with
ThunderBird though I may have to see if I can find a usable and
configurable web based client - or write one!
Tom te tom te tom