Re: [LUG] email

On 25/06/09 11:50:21, Mick Vaites wrote:
> Unfortunately if someone has run a dictionary attack on a domain the
> number
> of unwanted responses to locations that don't exist is a pain for
> everyone -
> so you cannot win either way.

G'day all,

I use...

greylisting
dcc
spamhaus
only accept email for known address
mailscanner (to look for virus, hardly ever get viruses now)

That seems to get rid of all the spam
greylisting and spamhaus just drop the connection
dcc I use to mark mail as spam, so I can have a look at it, I drop it
into a seperate mailbox.

I got about 2500 email on the 25...
1226 got dropped by spamhuas
75 where to unkown users.
223 got delivered
19 got detected by dcc as bulk and were deliever to the possible spam
mailbox.
The rest where greylisted and never tried again.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\