Re: [LUG] email

Hi Martijn

That sounds interesting - however in the case of a backup MX - the reason
it's been called is because the customers mail server is not available at
that time.

In respect to the external MX regularly checking if an address is
deliverable - that is an interesting concept. How would you do this as I
thought (correct me if I'm wrong) that VRFY is disabled by default or in
some cases not even supported these days?

I'm particularly interested because at present we have a number of mail
server who run from ldap database servers. So at the edge it's possible to
confirm if a message will be delivered and where. Then on the mailbox
servers themselves again to confirm to whom the messages are to be delivered
to. The issue is that under "big load" it would be nice for the external
MX's to be able to operate autonomously. Is this what you are suggesting ?

Best regards

Mick