Re: [LUG] email

If it's an internal MX then there is no reason why this box shouldn't have
knowledge of whether an email will eventually be delivered or not.

However as we're talking ISP backup MX or Smarthost - they cannot drop
bounces on behalf of their customer as it might be needed genuinely.

The only place that messages can be blackholed is by the person who's domain
is being attacked.

I my opinion (more flaming anticipated) if you have a domain that is
regularly being attacked with a dictionary attack it is good net manners to
blackhole instead of bouncing invalid email addresses.

To that end a couple of domains that I've had for years are configured this
way. In this way my misfortune is not passed onto someone else.

Best regards

Mick

E: mick@xxxxxxxxxxxx