Re: [LUG] .htaccess puzzle

tom potts wrote:
> I've just been looking at a site that uses .htaccess. If I log in and
> view a controlled file in FF3.0.11 I can then view that same file in
> another 'non-logged-in' copy of FF3.0.11 Is this a bug or is that the
> way its meant to work?

Depends what you mean by 'another non-logged-in copy of FF'...

If you mean closing and reopening firefox on the same machine with the
same user, it is supposed to close authenticated sessions at exit.

If you mean 2 different users or 2 different machines, this may be
because they auth based on IP, but I would consider this to be a very
bad idea.

If you mean 2 firefox windows then it's actually sharing the same
firefox process (notice how much quicker it was to open the new window)
and so the session should carry across.

Hope that helps.
Simon