Re: [LUG] Laptop died!

tom potts wrote:
> My laptop - my 'main' machine just died - no lights when power turned on!
> Any good diagnostic sites so I can try and fix it myself?
>
> Also discovered backups have not been working - was a simple copy of ~ only
> directory tree re-created. This is stored on a NTFS external drive - its not that
> is it? Cant access logs to check!
> Tom te tom te tom in disguise!

Can't think of any sites off the top of my head, have you tried removing
the battery and just powering up from the power supply?

If all else fails I'm sure someone on the LUG will be able to help get
your data off the drive (I have a cable to attach a 2.5" IDE hard drive
to a standard desktop IDE port which you could borrow if you get really
stuck, or if you're lucky and it's an SATA drive you can just use a
standard SATA power and data connection from a desktop PC).

Ta,

Rob