Re: [LUG] Universal unzip

Simon Williams wrote:

> That's *exactly* what I was looking for, thanks.
> (This is why I asked rather than going a writing yet another of my hacky
> shell scripts).

Command line junkies ;)

Archive Manager manual says.....

Archive Manager provides only a graphical interface, and relies on
command-line utilities such as tar, gzip, and bzip2 for archive operations.

If you have the appropriate command-line tools installed on your system,
Archive Manager supports RPM and Stuff files, as well as the archive
formats listed in the following table.

Format                                  Filename Extension
ARJ archive                             .arj
Enterprise archive                      .ear
Java archive                            .jar
LHA archive                             .lzh
Resource Adapter archive                .rar
Uncompressed tar archive                .tar
Tar archive compressed with bzip        .tar.bz or .tbz
Tar archive compressed with bzip2       .tar.bz2 or .tbz2
Tar archive compressed with gzip        .tar.gz or .tgz
Tar archive compressed with lzop        .tar.lzo or .tzo
Tar archive compressed with compress    .tar.Z or .taz
Web archive                             .war
PKZIP or WinZip archive                 .zip
7-Zip archive                           .7z
Zoo archive                             .zoo