Re: [LUG] [OT] Libertarianism - was "Watching the results trickle in ..."

2009/6/16 Benjamin M. A'Lee <bma-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Libertarianism seems to consist of the belief that if everybody is just
> left to get along with things, and the government does as little as
> possible to regulate things and balance everything out, it’ll work out
> well for everybody and nobody will get screwed over.
>
> I’m not really convinced, for some reason.

Libertarians don't believe the government should "balance things out"
if by that you mean redistribution of wealth. The role of a
libertarian state is primarily to protects the rights of individuals
and to ensure the rule of law.

How do you see people being screwed over under Libertarianism? Perhaps
if you provide a concrete example, I can discuss with you the
implications of their policies :)

I take it you haven't read the party's manifesto.
http://lpuk.org/pages/manifesto.php