Re: [LUG] [OT] Libertarianism - was "Watching the results trickle in ..."

2009/6/16 george <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I have no problem with someone being a member of the LUG and preaching about
> proprietory software.  As Tom says, there is good prop. S/W out there, some
> of it based on free software.  And it makes for lively discussion.  What I
> can't stand is people who seem to see things in black & white.  If you ain't
> with us your agin' us.  My God is right, yours is wrong.  Your skin is
> different to mine therefore you are inferior.  Apple, Microsoft, Linux, Unix,
> (delete as appropriate) is the only way to go.
>
> Closed mind, intolerance, arrogance, blind stupidity, predjudice, stubbornness
> wrapped up as standing firm, steadfastness, solidarity, resolution, nerve.
>
> In my experience everything has shades of grey, but then you have to think to
> actually understand the issues.  Easier to ignore the facts because your
> minds made up.... or made up for you.

OK, yet another bad analogy from me :/  The temptation is to slightly
change tack and ask about a representative of a free software party,
but I think I'll quit while I'm behind ;)

Sorry if I come across as close-minded. I like to think I am entirely
open to debate and discussion, as are the few libertarians I have met.

The free exchange of ideas is the best way I've found of growing
intellectually - and of recognising those situations where my mind has
been made up for me :)

Any facts you think I'm ignoring and which you'd enjoy discussing in a
libertarian context?